Friday, March 24, 2017

Seeing Red

Red light bulb. Costs $3 at Walmart and works in an ordinary lamp. With a red light bulb, you can turn on the lamp and see very well in the dark without waking the sleeping bear (aka teenage son).Prior to discovering this wonderful thing, testing blood sugar in the dark was either a frustrating balancing act with the flashlight on my iPhone or spelunking lights attached to my forehead shooting out blinding white beams.

Someone mentioned the red light bulb on a diabetes forum and it has been one of my favorite things I've learned to make all this a bit easier. I've not posted much on this tab because, frankly, diabetes is life and is Lifetime Learning. I want to use this tab, however, to post some things that are specific to diabetes management that have helped me or that I want to remember. If it helps someone in the process, that's icing on the cake.


No comments:

Post a Comment